FOR LATVIAN STUDENTS
E-studijas Latvijas Universitātē
Latvijas Universitātes Informatīvās Sistēmas (LUIS)
TOP Universities - worldwide university rankings.
U-Multirank - compare universities.
LU IT serviss
1. MĀCĪBU KURSI
2. ZINĀTNISKAIS DARBS STUDENTIEM
Our laboratory is seeking for a student-physicist
who is interested in science and
would like to start his/her career as a researcher.
The research will be mainly connected with an analysis of experimental data and computer simulations with the aim to understand the electronic and atomic structures of different materials (crystals, glasses, thin films, etc), based on transition metal and rare-earth oxides.
The students who are interested in both experimental and theoretical works are welcomed.
- You will work in the top-level laboratory dealing with important applied and fundamental topics of the modern physics.
- You will have possibility to prepare your Bachelor and Master ("Magister") theses which may be a background for your future Doctor thesis.
- You will have opportunity for international contacts with possibility to work abroad.
- Good knowledge of English (at least ability to read scientific papers).
Please contact Dr. Juris Purāns for details at:
Address: Institute of Solid State Physics, Kengaraga street 8, Room 307 (3rd floor)
(can be reached by trams 7 and 9 from "Opera")